Articles on this Page
- 12/19/14--04:59: _Take a trip down me...
- 12/20/14--04:56: _What will you disco...
- 12/21/14--05:00: _Enter ‘The Cave’ in...
- 12/22/14--05:04: _A sneaky Slytherin’...
- 12/23/14--05:00: _We’re paying tribut...
- 12/25/14--04:29: _‘Have a very Harry ...
- 12/29/14--05:00: _Quench your thirst ...
- 12/31/14--05:00: _Take a step back in...
- 01/01/15--01:00: _Raise your tankard ...
- 01/02/15--05:00: _Something’s brewing...
- 01/04/15--05:00: _Marvel at the motiv...
- 01/09/15--04:24: _Happy Birthday Seve...
- 01/12/15--06:39: _‘A Celebration of H...
- 01/13/15--09:39: _Sneak a peek into t...
- 01/16/15--09:18: _How would YOU get y...
- 01/23/15--05:14: _'A Celebration of H...
- 01/26/15--09:01: _Happy Birthday Gild...
- 01/27/15--08:56: _Proudest House Cont...
- 01/29/15--06:53: _Dress to impress an...
- 01/30/15--06:11: _The terrific transf...
- 12/19/14--04:59: Take a trip down memory lane today with the Hogwarts Pensieve
- 12/20/14--04:56: What will you discover in this mysterious room?
- 12/21/14--05:00: Enter ‘The Cave’ in today’s surprise
- 12/22/14--05:04: A sneaky Slytherin’s secrets divulged
- 12/23/14--05:00: We’re paying tribute to Hogwarts’ beloved Headmaster today
- 12/25/14--04:29: ‘Have a very Harry Christmas!’
- 12/29/14--05:00: Quench your thirst with J.K. Rowling's 'Vampires'
- 12/31/14--05:00: Take a step back in time on Tom Riddle’s birthday…
- 01/01/15--01:00: Raise your tankard of Butterbeer as we bring in the New Year
- 01/02/15--05:00: Something’s brewing in Slughorn’s class
- 01/04/15--05:00: Marvel at the motives of a Malfoy
- 01/09/15--04:24: Happy Birthday Severus Snape!
- 01/16/15--09:18: How would YOU get your hands on ONE MILLION house points?
- 01/23/15--05:14: 'A Celebration of Harry Potter’: what’s in it for you?
- 01/26/15--09:01: Happy Birthday Gilderoy Lockhart!
- 01/27/15--08:56: Proudest House Contest - An Update
- You create a post, movie, image or other creative celebration of your house pride.
- Add your house pride hashtag to your contribution: #GryffindorPride #SlytherinPride
- Upload your brilliant idea on Facebook,Twitter, Tumblr, or Instagram.
- We will share some of the best house pride celebrations on the Pottermore Insider, Twitter,
Facebook, Tumblr and Instagram.
- Remember, you don’t need to make your Facebook profile public for us to see it. Just make your
house pride contribution public.
- As Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and Instagram don’t allow under 13s to participate, artwork from our
younger Pottermore members can be uploaded onto pottermore.com. Visit your house founder’s
page and upload your picture to the image gallery at the bottom: Godric Gryffindor,
Helga Hufflepuff, Salazar Slytherin, Rowena Ravenclaw. You won’t need to include a hashtag for
- We will count all the contributions up from Friday, Saturday and Sunday. We will discount any
contributions that are inappropriate or that are not in the spirit of the contest.
- The winning house will be the one with the highest number of creative house pride contributions.
This house will earn one million points.
- All of you who love brewing potions and duelling keep going, as this doesn’t affect your personal
standings on the Leaderboards.
- And don’t worry, there’ll be plenty of time after this contest to continue earning points through
brewing potions and duelling, before the next House Cup is awarded.
- 01/29/15--06:53: Dress to impress and show your house pride!
There’s another surprise awaiting you on pottermore.com today. Give the correct answer to our riddle to see an unwitting Hepzibah Smith show a young Lord Voldemort treasures from the Hogwarts founders, not knowing the events her actions will set in motion….
Which of Dumbledore’s collected memories of Tom Riddle most intrigued you in Half-Blood Prince?
Discover one of Hogwarts’ secrets in today’s festive surprise. Solve our riddle to unearth a treasure trove of forgotten magical objects, from Fanged Frisbees and winged catapults to mislaid books and school trophies.
Encounter the terrifying monsters that Harry and Dumbledore battle in the cave, and discover the gruesome roots behind this Dark magic in J.K. Rowling’s new writing.
#PottermoreChristmas continues with an intriguing addition to writing by J.K. Rowling on a notorious Hogwarts student.
Solve our riddle and see the events of Order of the Phoenix and Half-Blood Prince through this Slytherin’s eyes, and read J.K. Rowling’s thoughts on this well-known wizard.
In honour of the much-loved Headmaster, today’s surprise celebrates one of the many achievements of this great man – the Order of Merlin. Discover more about this award’s most prestigious (and some less salubrious) recipients in one more piece of new writing by J.K. Rowling.
Dobby definitely had the right idea when he decorated the Room of Requirement for Christmas, and we may even have a few baubles adorned with Harry’s face dotted around the Pottermore offices this year!
Whether you’re enjoying a snow-covered Christmas, or are somewhere warm for the holidays, we hope you all have a very happy holiday full of festive cheer and perhaps a few sprigs of mistletoe (watch out for the Nargles!).
What do you think of her original plan to have a vampire teaching at Hogwarts?
Tell us your thoughts on Facebook or Twitter, and check out ‘The Original Forty’ for more missing characters from the books!
There was no trace of the Gaunts in Tom Riddle’s face. Merope had got her dying wish: he was his handsome father in miniature, tall for eleven years old, dark-haired and pale. His eyes narrowed slightly as he took in Dumbledore’s eccentric appearance. There was a moment’s silence.
‘How do you do, Tom?’ said Dumbledore, walking forwards and holding out his hand.
Chapter Thirteen, The Secret Riddle, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Over eighty years ago on New Year’s Eve, a young wizard named Tom Riddle was born. We’re taking a step back in time today and remembering the first time Tom met Professor Dumbledore at ‘The Orphanage’ in London. Who could have guessed what terrible events would follow this meeting…
From the exhilarating 2014 Quidditch World Cup, mystery and mayhem in Goblet of Fire, to the soaring soprano of Celestina Warbeck, and Ravenclaw winning their first and then second Pottermore House Cup, it’s been an eventful year.
What’s been your favourite moment from Pottermore this year? Let us know on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr or Instagram using #Pottermore2014.
We loved learning that Harry’s arch-enemy Professor Snape taught Potions because J.K. Rowling’s least favourite school subject was Chemistry. Even if it was Professor Snape leading the class, we’d jump at the chance to attend any lesson at Hogwarts – if you could attend one, which one would it be?
We were intrigued to read about Draco’s final years at Hogwarts and dastardly deeds as a Death Eater through his eyes. We weren’t too surprised to read that Harry and Draco were never destined to be best buddies.
What was your favourite fact from J.K. Rowling’s new writing on Draco Malfoy?
It took years of trying, but the unpopular Potions teacher finally became Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher in Half-Blood Prince.
In honour of Severus Snape’s birthday and this outstanding feat, we’re giving you all a special treat – a brand new defensive spell in Duelling Club.
A perfect defence against troublesome Duelling opponents, we imagine the Smokescreen Spell may have come in handy for Severus Snape on occasion. You can find this slippery spell in your copy of The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection by Professor Quentin Trimble.
What are you waiting for? Hurry along to Duelling Club and get practising!
We’re filling our trunks with necessities (teapot included!) as we get ready for‘A Celebration of Harry Potter’ in Orlando, but we wish we had Hermione’s beaded bag so we could fit everything in!
If you’ve got your tickets, make sure you check out our Pottermore booth when you’re there – it’ll be a magical weekend. And if you can’t join us there, take part on Facebookand Twitter so you don’t miss any of the fun.
Keep a (mad) eye out for more news on the Insider as ‘A Celebration of Harry Potter’ approaches.
As if there wasn’t enough to get excited about just now, a sneak peek of exclusive artwork from the eagerly anticipated illustrated edition of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone has just been revealed. This new book will be available to you all from Bloomsbury UK and Scholastic US on October 6, 2015!
Put down your wands and quills and take a peek at these lovely illustrations from the terrifically talented Jim Kay:
We can hardly wait to get our hands on a copy, but for now these previews of four of our favourite characters will have to suffice… Share your excitement on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and Instagram and tell us what you think of the new artwork.
You all brew, duel and pick up collectibles to earn points for your house – but what would you do to earn a whopping one million house points?
Tell us your ideas on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr or Instagram using #HousePride!
You’ll be finding more out soon as our magical trip to ‘A Celebration of Harry Potter’ approaches…
There’s only one week to go before we board our plane and head to ‘A Celebration of Harry Potter’ in Orlando, and here’s how you can join in the celebrations, both near and far.
Win One Million House Points In Our Proudest House Contest
You don’t need to Apparate to participate! If you weren’t able to get your tickets for the weekend, you can still join in by taking part in our Proudest House Contest, to help your house win an astounding one million points on pottermore.com.
During ‘A Celebration of Harry Potter’ we’d like everyone, everywhere to show and share their house pride by any marvellous means you can think of on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and Instagram. We want to see imaginative demonstrations of house pride - whether expressed through words, pictures, music, or movement, make it count by tagging your contribution with your house hashtag: #GryffindorPride#SlytherinPride#RavenclawPride#HufflepuffPride.
The house with the most displays of pride across these social channels during the #HPCelebration weekend will win one million house points – it could be a real game-changer for the next House Cup Championship! There may even be extra house points awarded for particularly imaginative and creative contributions.
DON’T FORGET: Whatever you do, remember the magic ingredient - HASHTAGS! You need to add your house hashtag to your submission for it to count. Remember you are representing your house, so make sure you don't do or share anything that a Head of House would not approve of!
As we can’t wave our wands to count up the weekend’s results, we’ll evaluate your TAGGED house pride submissions and announce the victorious house on Thursday, February 5.
Official Terms: The Pottermore Proudest House Contest will take place between 12am EST (5am GMT) January 30 to 11.59pm EST February 1 (4am GMT February 2). The winning house will be announced February 5.
Step Inside Your Hogwarts Common Room at ‘A Celebration of Harry Potter’.
Rumour has it that Muggles have finally invented a way to create magical moving photographs, and it’s coming to the Pottermore booth. Whether Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff or Slytherin, those of you lucky enough to have tickets to 'A Celebration of Harry Potter' will be able to step inside your Hogwarts common room and create your very own moving photo (Colin Creevey would be so proud). Once you’ve got yours, make sure you tag it with your house hashtag, and then share it on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and Instagram.
The flamboyant wizard would be sure to love planning his outfits for any event (especially to visit ardent fans), although he’d probably seize the opportunity to autograph any and all moving photographs, whether wanted or not!
To celebrate his birthday, we want to know your favourite of Lockhart’s weird and wonderful actions and inventions.
It might not be as glamorous as the Yule Ball, but we still want you to dress to impress for ‘A
Celebration of Harry Potter’ at Universal Orlando Resort! Don your best robes, put on your house colours and come visit us at the Pottermore booth today.
Your common room is waiting for you to show and share your house pride, and we’re sure you’re as excited as Harry on his first day at Hogwarts at the chance to help your house win one MILLION points.
Remember: anyone, anywhere can join in with the Proudest House Contest from the comfort of their own home – find out more here.